Sunday, May 8, 2011

Drop Yer Trousers to the (Celebrity) World

My handsome man and me with my celebrity tiara.

 "Someone so cute should not be allowed to wear something so ugly." Roland Jones regarding my pajamas (T-shirt and gross shorts).

 Today is Mother's Day. Today is my celebrity day.

To start my special day the cat woke me by licking my eyebrows and any other exposed skin at approximately 6 AM which is kind of unpleasant in a sweet way and my dad sent me a text at about 6:30 AM which was very nice but very early when my iphone dinged or whatever the sound is that it makes when you get a message. Oliver woke me then with a card, Roland, my husband, generously fed the cat and then Enrique and Miguel woke up so they could give me their cards.

I'd like to mention that I was up until 2 AM. No, not partying. Just listening to music and reading. Everyone else was asleep. It was lovely.

Here is a sneak peek at Oliver's card that he made at school:

My mother's name is Andrea.
She is 40-something.
She weighs about 80 pounds. (Bless him-although I would be very ill if I weighed that much!)
My mom spends time doing things like doing work.(Boring)
Her favorite food is bananas.
Her favorite TV show is the news.
Mom likes to wear flower t-shirts in the summer.
Her favorite toys are Legos.
It really bugs my mom when I wipe my butt on her (I could explain this but I'm not)
The thing my mom likes best about me is everything except when I wipe my butt on her.
Mom is always tired.(Sad, but true)
I wish my mom could sing better. (So do I!)
I show my mom how much I love her by giving her presents.
I love to hug my mom because I love her.
I love my mom. She's really nice sometimes.

I know the last part does not make me sound like an angel. He's being honest as any seven year old. Who is nice all the time?

In honor of my special day, I decided to follow through with my pledge to have the kids pick out some music at Amoeba today and then perhaps we can have lunch at The Cat and Fiddle in Hollywood. I love the patio there on a sunny day. The hope is then that we share music.

Enrique would be excited if we saw any celebrities while we are in Hollywood but he's out of luck if he needs someone to point them out to him. I have absolutely no interest in that kind of thing and would not recognize a celebrity if they came up to me and slapped me across the face! Even Morrissey. I would probably just think, "That guy looks kind of like Morrissey." And then, "Ouch, why did he just slap me?"

Plus everyone is a celebrity these days so its hard to tell who's who. Last time we were in Hollywood, I very cruelly yelled out, "There's a wrestler!" to get Miguel's attention since he was so engrossed in some kind of technology and he is obsessed with WWE wrestling. Which gets me wondering how entertaining it would be to just run up to a random person in a busy touristy section of Hollywood and ask them for their autograph. I wonder if other people would see that and ask for their autograph too while asking, "Who are you anyway?"

I think we all want to be recognized for something. I think its fair enough but it cheapens celebrity when some people get attention for nothing.

My family's present to me is a gift certificate to buy some new pajamas!

We are on our way to Hollywood (Hollywierd). I shall update later.

Oliver looking stern.

2 comments:

  1. these are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Andrea!

    I loved Oliver's card responses about you. And I wouldn't like having a butt wiped on me either. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete