Sunday, April 1, 2012

Swimming

Oliver at a recent swim meet

I begin a new adventure tomorrow morning-swimming.

Yeah. I know you are probably thinking that it's no big deal. But I have been somewhat forcing my son, Oliver, to swim on a swim team for almost a year now.

You may be thinking that I am a horrible, silly woman. And you may very well be right!

Because Oliver does not always like going, I told him that I should swim so that its more fair and so that I understand what he is going through. And I stand by those words. I want to make sure what that what I am requiring from him is something I can relate to.

At 5:45 AM I shall be swimming in a pool with some other people my age as part of the masters program on Oliver's team. I get to do this all week since we do not have school all week due to our Spring Break.

After seeing Harold and Maude a few weeks ago, I feel like I should enter the pool in the same manner as Harold's mother-see below. I just need a swim cap like hers!



I read in Mozipedia that Morrissey likes swimming. Kind of hard to imagine, but true.

Speaking of Morrissey, he is supposed to be playing a concert in San Diego in May. It said on his website, True to You, that tickets would be available immediately and so far I have seen nothing. I keep searching though. I even went so far as to book a room for us at the hotel where he is playing. Hopefully, news of ticket sales will materialize soon.

He also added some dates in Italy for July. If only . . .

Moz, the dog is doing well. He has had his shots and has stopped trying to hump the cat. We had to change is "operation" (neutering) date from the 27th to this Wednesday simply because we are off work and it just makes more sense to be able to be around when he is recovering.

I hope to write a few more times this week as I have a little more time.

In the wee hours think of me fondly, not quite suffering.





No comments:

Post a Comment