Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Difference it Made Was Great


It may be hard to fathom that a woman approaching fifty would undertake something like a half marathon. But believe it!!

I HAVE been swimming for over a year just to get in some exercise and then I contemplated how awesome it would be if I could actually run further than a few miles without running out of breath and nearly passing out.

In June, I received an email asking if I wanted to join the PETA team for a half marathan. I carefully considered the challenge and decided to go through with it.

I began training for the Long Beach International on July 13 and have been consistently running and swimming (cross training) on a schedule as part of the PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) Team. The name PETA should raise a red flag for any Morrissey fan as he is a staunch supporter of this organization.

Okay, so its possible that I run slower than your grandmother walks but the point is that I'm undertaking a challenge and helping our furry (and not so furry) friends in the process.

So obviously, I am soliciting for financial support in my endeavor. This is where you come in!
Just click on the link to my personal page and make a donation. No amount is too small-although slightly awkward if its under a dollar!

http://www2.peta.org/site/TR/Events/PETAsOnlineCommunity?px=8147264&pg=personal&fr_id=1100

If you can't donate now, do it later. If you can't donate, that's okay too. But you will feel better about yourself if you help animals (and I think I can safely say, Morrissey would approve).




No comments:

Post a Comment