Sunday, March 31, 2013

Seasick Yet Still Docked


Bonnie posing for MozStickerProject assignment (she IS alive)
I've been struggling for the past few days trying to think what the hell to write about. Here is the situation:
1. Morrissey was too sick to continue his tour-all US dates were cancelled as well as his performance in Mexico City.
2. Morrissey appeared in an interview on a Mexican radio show in which he explained how very disappointed he was and how he was "cautioned" not to perform anymore.
3. He was photographed at an Irish football game with his cousin Robbie Keane.
4. It was announced on True-To-You that Morrissey will be performing in seven Mexican cities in June and in Argentina, Brazil, Peru, and Chile in July.
5. The Hollywood High show is going to be released on DVD.

So, that's Morrissey news for the past few weeks or so. Of course, it was heart-breaking when he had to cancel the rest of the tour. We were so set for Las Vegas, but I think most fans were understanding of the health problem. We would not want Morrissey to do something that would make him feel worse down the road or cause a more serious issue. 

And to tell you the truth, I think he felt horribly about it. On his website, he left the following message:

"It takes a lifetime to find the right words, and at the moment I haven't got them. I've been a colossal pain where this continuously unpredictable illness is concerned, and now the physical limits have been reached.The tour had, in fact, been fantastic for all of us-a new slice of life full of concentrated power. The audiences everywhere have given so much, although I know that neither of us will ever receive our due. I hope this isn't the end and I hope there will be other chances minus the heavy burden of illness.Knots of grief today, but full of resolve for tomorrow." Morrissey, March 16, Mexico

Something to look forward to
At this moment, I am happy he is planning to tour again yet sad that its not as likely that I will be able to see him unless one of the cities he plays is Tijuana.

I have lots of things going on in my home life at the moment. Raising two teenagers and a nine year old is a challenge, teaching is a challenge, and I don't have time for any more challenges. Part of my fascination with Morrissey probably is a means of mental escape. But not all of it. And now that I am not planning to see him currently, it forces me to look at these things more closely. And I don't want to, to be truthful.

I suppose a positive to come out of this is that, to me at least, it seems like the Twitterdilly friendships are strengthening through Twitter (duh) and MorrisseysWorldChat. Its a wierd time trying to transition from the news over the month and adjust our minds.

Like many other fans, I find myself keeping occupied by attending Smiths/Morrissey-related events. This I shall do, and write about as it seems fit. (Truely my life IS without Morrissey at the moment!)


On a side note, probably the best thing that I heard at school all week was a student who said, "Ms. Willoughby, I bought my first Smiths album. Its the one with 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out'."


Ah, to fall in love again!


Memories:
 
 
 


 

 


2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Conveys my feelings as well. However, I find myself feeling like a jilted lover, waiting for months to go to prom, only to find out that my boyfriend can't take me. As I slowly forgive him and take back the dress, I see him out shopping with my best friend whom he plans on taking to the big dance. I will get over it. I am glad he is healthy. I am suffering from sour grapes, I guess. THANKS FOR YOUR BLOG, ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely. I was trying to avoid a similar analogy simply because he's sick and I think it's hard not to feel slighted when you see him about town all the while KNOWING he has something which requires time t heal. It's not easy to be a Morrissey fan all the time!

    ReplyDelete